Wednesday, May 28, 2008

State

Eugene, May 28, 2008

The State meet rapped up the 24th of May, and after a few days of reflection, I am still at a loss to express the enormous emotions that have sprung from a full season working with the ITA Eugene South Axemen. A few individuals made some impressive marks (in order):

Sasha took third as a sophomore in the 800m: 2:16!!
Walker took fourth in he 1500m: 3:59.
Casey finished fifth in the 800m: 1:56.
Sammy was just off the lead pack in the 3K, sub 9.

This third day of competition I ran in the elite 800m: eighth in 1:49.6. I was actually quite encouraged by my performance: form, feeling and motivation.

I am looking forward to the Pre Pre, 1500m on June 8 before the televised portion of the Prefontaine Classic. Then on June 15 I will be running another 1500m at the "Last Chance Meeting" at Hayward Field. At this point I have a solid B standard: 3:39 from the semifinals at last years outdoor nationals in Indianapolis; so it is just a matter of getting to the line as psyched as possible for July 4 and again on July 6 for the finals of the Olympic Trials.

God Bless and destroy your opponents! When you can't destroy your opponents, destroy yourself so you can rebuild yourself.

Gabe

No comments: